Friday, January 1, 2016

I am responsible for my rose.....





"Who is in the house of my heart", I cried in the middle of the night.
Love said, 
"It is I,but what are all these images that fill your house?"
I said, "they are the reflection of Your beautiful Face".
Love asked,
"But what is this image full of pain?"
I said, "it is me lost in the sorrows of life"
and showed Love my soul full of wounds.
Love offered me one end of a thread and said:
"Take it so I can pull you back,but do not break the delicate string".
I reached towards it but Love struck my hand.
I asked,
"why the harshness?"
Love said,
"To remind you that whoever comes to Love's holy space proud and full of himself, will be sent away....Look at Love with the eyes of your heart."
Rumi


And how it comes to in life that what one reads and understands and feels at different points in one's life all collapses as one:

"Goodbye," said the fox. "And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: 
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
"What is essential is invisible to the eye," the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.
"It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important."
"It is the time I have wasted for my rose--" said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.
"Men have forgotten this truth," said the fox. "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince






No comments: